Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wintering

March.

This is the time of year when I get the most hopeful and excited for what "may be" just around the corner. New Year resolutions really mean very little to me until March. For it is in March when the seeds are planted - literally and figuratively for me.

I'm a true optimist and is in late winter/early spring that the big dreams resurface for me. Every year.

I work hard on my dreams. I'm the industrial type and I'm always working on a new plan or approach to success. I've seen good results and many of my dreams have been accomplished. The big ones are harder, but like I said, I'm an optimist.

It is after a long winter like this that my hope resurfaces in a major way and the the big dreams seem more possible. Even (especially) the one that is completely and so cruelly beyond my control. Yes, I am ready for my spring. This winter has been too long and too heartbreaking.

3 comments:

quilterliz said...

Hi from Australia. I enjoyed reading your blog, what a great attitude you have. Trying to realise our goals or dreams can be a good incentive, of course sometimes they are not easily reached, but, I applaud your optimisim. May the spring see your dreams realised and hopefully no more heartbreak. Take care. Liz...

Rosaria Williams said...

I'm raising a glass to that big dream!

eggs mcgeez said...

Thank you so much Liz and love ya Mom!