Thursday, January 10, 2008

Crunchy-Granola Lady



January is the the health food/health club industry's biggest month. I decided to throw them a curve.

I quit the gym and made my own granola, thank you.

Scandalous!

My little way of socking-it to the man.




Actually it was about time I quit the gym. We had belonged to one of the big national chains and our local club had been bought by another chain more than a year ago. The closest gym from the same chain was up in Portland - 110 miles north of us! A bit of a drive I'd say. I've got my tennie-runners and miles of trails up here anyhoo.


The granola is yet another example of how hippie-dippie I've become since moving to Eugene. Peer pressure I'm sure.

J had a bowl this morning with Oregon blueberries, honey and yogurt from Nancy's and a spoonful of flax seeds on top.

Heaven.

Simple Hippie-Dippie Granola:

4 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup of whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dried fruit
1/2 cup of nuts
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup of apple or orange juice
1/4 cup of canola oil
teaspoon of cinnamon
zest of one orange



Mix dry ingredients together. Then add wet and coat. Spread onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45-50 minutes in a 325 degree oven. Check and mix the granola around every 15 minutes or so.

Let cool and then enjoy!

Beverage: Hemp Milk!

Music: Here you go kids:

No comments: