Thursday, January 10, 2008

Check out my buns!

How obnoxious can I get?









These buns came out a lot better than I had expected. I'm finding many ways to use my original naan bread recipe and I have yet to find something this miracle dough can't do!

I follow the basic dough recipe. Then I shape the buns into 2 inch balls and then flatten them on a cookie sheet. I let them rise for another 30 minutes, then bake them at 350 for 30 minutes. Brush them with a milk or egg wash for the last 10 minutes of baking and sprinkle with sea salt or sesame seeds.

Delish and nutrish!

(That's an Amy's Bistro Burger making its appearance yet again.)

Beverage: An Oregon Pinot Noir or an Oregon Pale Ale.

Music:
What goes better with burgers than good old 50's rock and roll? Heck, it's the 50th anniversary of "Great Balls of Fire" - so why not a little Jerry Lee Lewis?

No comments: