Sunday, January 20, 2008

Enough with the pasta, already!

More lazy lady's food.





sorry.

I find that I get into funks with food. I'll be creative and adventurous for a couple of weeks and then, (in Brooklynese)"Forget about it!" I'll throw together a simple pasta with tomatoes and whatever is left in the pantry for a sure thing. Simple and tasty is all I ask.I could eat this same meal for a week and so could my old man. Actually he could eat the same thing for a month as long as it's tasty and prepared by someone else.

Obviously I'm in a post-flu funk right now and all I want is pasta.

Can't say how long this will last, but at least another 3-5 days for sure.

Who knows? Does this happen to you?


What food(s) do you turn to when you get in a funk?

Pantry Pasta:

1 box of whole wheat spaghetti
12 oz chopped tomatoes
half a yellow onion chopped
2 tablespoons of olive oil
7 chopped kalamata olives
3 cloves of garlic minced
half a bag of fresh spinach
cooked and rinsed can of canellini beans
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
a nice shaving of Parmesan cheese on top.


You could throw in more beans or some artichoke hearts if you have them around. Anything that is in your pantry that satisfies your comfort zone will do.

Serves 5-6


Drink with whatever you like.

1 comment:

Rosaria Williams said...

Pasta, soul food!
Your Mama would be proud of all the variations you have come up, making the dishes more modern and definetely healthier in the transition. I too adjusted my mother's authentic Southern Italian recipes that had never been changed since...

Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to every cook, young or old.