Monday, January 28, 2008

The Best Falafel Salad, Ever!





It is snowing outside.

But inside it is as warm as an Israeli summer.

This was a delicious lunch and perfect on a snow-day like today. I have tried three different falafel recipes in the last month or so and this one was by far the best.

I followed Mark Bittmann's recipe from his New York Times' podcast : Chickpeas in Love: The Minimalist Makes Falafel

They came out perfectly: Light, crunchy and filling. We had them on top of a basic Greek salad.

Delish!

This is my new favorite vegetarian salad. The falafels are packed with protein and plenty of flavor. They were so much easier to make than the other recipes I have tried . There is no flour or oil or egg. So they are good for you too! Just chickpeas, onion, garlic, herbs and spices.

Writing about them is making me hungry again. They're THAT good.

No comments: